An Enduring Tradition of Journalistic Excellence
The Gregorian Chant is the award-winning student voice of The Gregory School (formerly St. Gregory College Preparatory School) in Tucson, Arizona.
The Chant has won the Arizona Newspaper Association’s award for “Best Small High School Newspaper” in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014 and most recently in 2015.
Additionally, staff members of The Gregorian Chant have been selected to participate in prestigious and competitive journalism-related programs:
- Editor-in-Chief Ben Petersen ’16 was selected to represent Arizona in the prestigious 2015 Al Neuharth Free Spirit and Journalism Conference in Washington D.C.
- In 2013 and 2014, two students were competitively selected to participate in the Dow Jones Newsfund Diversity in Journalism Workshop at the University of Arizona.
Other awards The Gregorian Chant has received include:
- Honorable Mention for News, Feature, or Sports Photo in AIPA Fall Newspaper Contest (2014)
- Excellent rating for Pro/Con Editorial in AIPA Fall Newspaper Contest (2014)
- Excellent rating for News story in AIPA Fall Newspaper Contest (2014)
- Excellent rating for Entertainment Spread in AIPA Fall Newspaper Contest (2014)
- Superior rating for Sports Photo in AIPA Fall newspaper Contest (2014)
In publication since 1980, the Chant has a rich tradition of print distribution.
As many newspapers make the transition from print to online journalism, the Chant is now remotely accessible through this online portal, though physical copies will continue to be handed out to the school community.
The Chant staff hope that you enjoy both the virtual and physical issues of The Gregory School’s student-run newspaper. We always welcome feedback and letters to the editor!
The contents of the paper do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of the faculty, administration, or trustees of the school, unless otherwise indicated.
About The Gregory School
The Gregory School is an independent, private, coed day school for grades 5 to 12. It is located in Tucson, Arizona near River and Craycroft.
The Gregory School
3231 N. Craycroft Road
Tucson, AZ 85712